It is almost time for the 2016 Grand Council Convention. This year, convention will be held on February 5th through the 7th, which is set to be hosted by the Holiday Inn Utica, NY. Here is some important contact and general information:
- Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel directly at (315)797-2131.
- The hotel is located at 1777 Burrstone Rd, New Hartford, NY 13413
- The hotel has their own in-house restaurant able to accommodate both our lunch and a formal dinner for Saturday afternoon and evening
- All of our formal meeting needs are to be held in the Presidential Room, which is to be reserved for Theta Gamma Grand Council for the weekend.
- This hotel also has an in-house bar, to tend to our social needs.
So here is a tentative schedule for the weekend:
Friday, February 5th
- 4pm – ??? – Early registration
- 9pm – ??? – Relax and socialize!
Saturday, February 6th
- 9am – 12pm – Meeting in the Presidential Room.
- 12pm – 12:30pm – Lunch will be Dominos Pizza
- 1pm – 5pm – Reconvene in the Presidential Room..
- All Meeting times will contain breaks
- 6:30pm – 7:30pm – Dinner at the Moose River Restaurant as a group.
- The dinner entree will be: Chicken Francaise & Rigatoni, Garlic Potatoes & Broccoli. Includes Salad, Rolls & Butter, Soda, Tea, and Coffee. Followed by a desert.
- 7:30pm – ??? – Time to unwind!
Sunday, February 7th
- 9am – 12pm – Meeting
- 12pm – Check Out
Dress Code for the meetings:
- Saturday is Business Attire – Dress pants, shirts, and tie
- Sunday is Business Casual – Collared shirts and slacks
- Sneakers, shorts, jeans, t-shirts, and sandals are not appropriate
Our hotel has decided to reward us with a discounted room rate. We may still have rooms blocked off available for our group. The costs that will be required for the weekend, if you are planning to stay from Friday to Sunday:
- Room costs are set at $100 per person per night. (Bunk up with Brothers to make it cheaper!)
- Saturday afternoon lunch- $7
- Saturday evening dinner- $18
- Grand Council dues have increased to $25.00 for the year
- If you are not current with your dues, please be certain to check with the GC Secretary/Treasurer as soon as possible
- And of course, bring extra spending money
Make sure to reference Theta Gamma Grand Council for the group rate. If the block of rooms are all filled up, the hotel will still honor the discount for any room, so don’t forget to name-drop TG. Safe travels and see you at convention!!!
In The Bond,
The Executive Board of the Grand Council