2018 GRAND COUNCIL CONVENTION
The 2018 Grand Council Convention will be held at the following location from February, 23rd through 25th, 2018:
Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center
48 Canada St,
Lake George, NY 12845
***Brother Tom Wysocki (Alpha, F83) is the Director of Sales and Marketing for the hotel and has been a great help in setting up the convention
Room Rate: $95/night plus tax
Saturday Lunch & Dinner will be $32.00 plus tax & gratuity
For Reservations Call
(800) 234-0267 or (518) 668-3081
*NEW* – 01/17/2018
Please download the attached PDF for important information. 2018 GCC Flyer
- Register with Patrick Boire in advance if your planning on attending. His contact info is email@example.com, call or text 518-222-8065 ASAP.
- Please reserve a room before February 2nd, the winter carnival is going on at the hotel and rooms will be filled quickly. Mention you are part of Theta Gamma Fraternity.
- Saturday Lunch and Dinner at hotel $32 plus tax and gratuity. Payable to Patrick Boire.
- All brothers are encouraged to attend.
- Meal counts must be done by February 2nd so they can order food.
- This year we are encouraging your significant other to attend as well. Patrick Boire’s wife, Tammy, is working with the GC to help plan out a day of wine/beer tasting & shopping while we are at the meeting. Bring extra $$$, because remember fellas… Happy Wife, Happy Life!
Friday, February 23rd, 2017
Attire: Casual Attire
7:00 PM – Executive board meeting in conference center across the parking lot from the hotel (open to all brothers)
- Read and correction of minutes from 2017 convention
- Officers reports
- Committee reports
- Nominations for: Grand Exalted Master, Grand Chaplain, & Grand Editor. (See below for a short description of responsibilities)
- Grand Exalted Master
The duties of the Grand Exalted Master shall be to preside at all the meetings of the Grand Council and the Executive Board. The Grand Exalted Master shall appoint all committees. The Grand Exalted Master shall perform all such other duties as fall upon a presiding officer.The Grand Exalted Master or Vice Exalted Master shall visit each Chapter once a year and shall be paid at the rate currently used by the State University of New York for mileage. The host Chapter is to entertain him while at their Chapter. The Grand Exalted Master and Vice Exalted Master may jointly appoint a representative in case neither can make such visits personally.
- Grand Chaplain
The Grand Chaplain shall offer Prayer at all Grand Council meetings and shall perform all such other duties as may properly fall to him. The Grand Chaplain shall conduct the prescribed service when requested at the funeral of the Brother. In his absence, a Chapter Chaplain or any other member may conduct the service. The Grand Chaplain shall have full charge of all ritualistic work of the Fraternity. The Grand Chaplain shall have charge of the pledge training work in the active Chapters.
- Grand Editor
The Grand Editor shall have full charge of issuing the THETA GAMMA BULLETIN, with recommended publication. The Grand Editor shall have full charge of content management within the fraternity website (www.thetagamma.com) and all electronic and social media that is owned or sponsored by Theta Gamma Fraternity Grand Council.
- Grand Exalted Master
Saturday, February 24th, 2017
Attire: Business Attire
8:00 AM – All brothers will gather in convention center (be Prompt)
- Brothers Will Be Directed Toward Appropriate Break out Groups
- New Inductees will join the Grand Historian for Course of Instruction
- All other officers will make preparations for the Fifth Wall Ritual
- Remaining Attendees will be split into discussion groups
10:45 AM – All Brothers to Reconvene
- Chapter Reports (15 minutes for each Chapter)
- (5 minutes Active Chapter President)
- (5 minutes Corporate Board President)
- (5 minutes Vice Grand Exalted Master)
12:00 pm – Break for Lunch
1:00 pm – Old Business
2:00 pm – New Business
- Open the floor to New Business
- Reopen Nominations
- Induction of New Officers
- Presentation of New Councilmen
5:00 pm – Adjourn Meeting
5:30 pm – All Brothers will convene at dinner venue
- Group photo
- Individual photos of new officers
6:00 pm – Dinner served
Sunday, February 25th, 2017
Check out & go home!
*** All officers will limit their oral reports to 5 minutes in length. All officers will present written reports and will arrive with appropriate number of copies of their report to be shared with all attendees.